Review: Gymbox

Today, 24th  September 2018 I tried out my first Gymbox   class. The gym just opened at Cannon Street and I was lucky enough to have a taster of the facilities. See below what I got up to, what I thought of the class and if I would recommend it as a top workout spot in London. What class did I do? I did the BadAss class Who was the instructor? Phoebe What was the class like? Described on their website as 'the next level workout for your derriere', I can confirm that this class certainly does make your booty burn! The class was 30-minutes and consisted of a dynamic, cardio warm-up and then 2 sections of weight-based workout. Squats, lunges, pulses were, as expected, all included in the workout. The 2 sections of workout were made up of 3/4 exercises which you did for 1 minute each before switching, complete all the exercises and then have 30 seconds rest. You then repeated that section through again before moving on to the 2nd section. I definitely struggled

Review: Kettlebell Kitchen

What is Kettlebell Kitchen?

Kettlebell Kitchen is a Manchester-based business with a selection of restaurants in the local area. They offer event catering and have an online meal prep service. Endorsed by British Weight Lifting and used by athletes such as Crossfit's Sam Briggs, their meal prep service is second to none for quality and affordability.

Which meal prep plan did I use?

KBK offer a wide variety of plans to suit your needs from shred to bulk, offering a vegetarian plan and a tailored macro plan, personal to you. All the plans vary in price, amount of kcals and the amount of meals and snacks on offer. 

I bought the 4 week 'performance' plan which had an option of 2 or 3 meals a day, 6 days a week. I opted for the 2 meals a day which included a snack as well.

Averaging at approximately 1100-1200kcals a day, this was a perfect way to kick-start my slow summer shred.

What were the meals like?


I have had 48 meals delivered to me and 24 snacks and I can honestly say that I have enjoyed the vast majority. Some meals have been more exciting than others but I would say that all the meals have been full of flavour and thoroughly enjoyable. Not once have I dreaded having to eat what I have got in the fridge.

All the meals have been made up of fresh protein, a good helping of carbs and veggies.

The snacks were a little hit and miss however, this didn't really bother me too much. I really enjoyed the protein balls (with nutella!) and boiled egg pots.

How much does it cost?

Having looked at several meal prep services online, KBK appeared to be the cheapest (by quite some margin) whilst not scrimping on the quality. 

The 2 meal service for the performance plan cost £295 with a delivery charge on top. The delivery is a bit pricey as they use a courier service. That being said, the courier service is exceptionally helpful as you will get a notification of a 1 hour delivery slot and real time updates when your driver is getting close.

Discounts are on offer if you're making a purchase for more than 1 person or if you're planning on using the service for longer than 4 weeks at a time.

Summary

I have seen results on this plan. My stomach has toned up, my BF% has gone down and I am feeling a lot leaner - exactly the result I was hoping before as we come into the warmer months.

I would 100% recommend Kettlebell Kitchen to anyone who is looking into a meal prep and delivery service. Good quality, affordable, fresh food. A reminder to everyone that meal prep doesn't have to be chicken breast, broccoli and rice - you can still enjoy your food whilst maintaining your calories.

6 days a week on plan, 1 day a week to have what you like, the balance works perfectly.

CFG x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Gymbox

Top Tips: How To Stay Motivated

Top Tips: Keeping Fit in the City