Review: Gymbox

Today, 24th September 2018 I tried out my first Gymbox class. The gym just opened at Cannon Street and I was lucky enough to have a taster of the facilities.

See below what I got up to, what I thought of the class and if I would recommend it as a top workout spot in London.

What class did I do?


I did the BadAss class

Who was the instructor?


Phoebe


What was the class like?


Described on their website as 'the next level workout for your derriere', I can confirm that this class certainly does make your booty burn!

The class was 30-minutes and consisted of a dynamic, cardio warm-up and then 2 sections of weight-based workout.

Squats, lunges, pulses were, as expected, all included in the workout.

The 2 sections of workout were made up of 3/4 exercises which you did for 1 minute each before switching, complete all the exercises and then have 30 seconds rest. You then repeated that section through again before moving on to the 2nd section.

I definitely struggled with the stairs afterwards!

What was the instructor like?

Phoebe was great, very enthusiastic and coming round the class to give corrections on form, options to make it more suitable for your ability.
What other classes do they do?


Gymbox offer a HUGE range of classes. Anything from boxing to barre, circuits to pole fitness. They even offer Muay Thai!

The classes on offer vary from location to location but I can say for certain, you would never be stuck for a workout. See the full list of classes here

Alongside the classes, they also have a fully functioning gym floor with the latest cardio and weights equipment.

What were the facilities like?

As expected, towels were provided upon entry. Lockers require a padlock which I don't enjoy, I think in 2018 you could have an electronic locking system which means you don't have to skip your workout if you forget your padlock!

The gym floor and changing rooms were really big. Changing rooms had a sauna next to the showers and really good-smelling shampoo and conditioner (always a bonus!)

How much does it cost?

This gym is one that does require a membership, you can see the membership options on the website.


Summary
Enjoyment: 8/10
Sweat rating: Fairly sweaty!
Recommend: Absolutely

CFG x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Tips: How To Stay Motivated

Top Tips: Keeping Fit in the City