Review: Gymbox

Today, 24th  September 2018 I tried out my first Gymbox   class. The gym just opened at Cannon Street and I was lucky enough to have a taster of the facilities. See below what I got up to, what I thought of the class and if I would recommend it as a top workout spot in London. What class did I do? I did the BadAss class Who was the instructor? Phoebe What was the class like? Described on their website as 'the next level workout for your derriere', I can confirm that this class certainly does make your booty burn! The class was 30-minutes and consisted of a dynamic, cardio warm-up and then 2 sections of weight-based workout. Squats, lunges, pulses were, as expected, all included in the workout. The 2 sections of workout were made up of 3/4 exercises which you did for 1 minute each before switching, complete all the exercises and then have 30 seconds rest. You then repeated that section through again before moving on to the 2nd section. I definitely struggled

Review: KOBOX

Tonight, 15th February 2018 I tried out my first KOBOX class. I went with my friend Amy, who I met at a Lilly Sabri fitness event.

See below what we got up to, what I thought of the class and if I would recommend it as a top workout spot in London.

What class did I do?


I did the CORE class

Who was the instructor?


Miranda - you can find her @fitnesswith_mk


What was the class like?


This class was unlike anything I've ever experienced. It was tough, sweaty and so. much fun.

If you like burpees (does anyone like burpees?) then I can 100% recommend this class to you. As it was the core class, there were LOTS of burpees, crunches, planks... all the core exercises you can think of.

The class is split into 2 sections: the bag and the floor/wall. On the bag you follow a 'box-by-numbers' sequence on the wall, working out your frustrations on the bag. On the floor section, we did ab circuits, both weighted and body weight only. You did about 5 minutes on each section before switching and it was TOUGH. 


Be prepared to sweat. A lot. 

What was the instructor like?

MK was a fantastic instructor. As it was our first time, we had to take part in an induction where she explained the different punches, stance, where all the equipment was etc. 


I won't lie to you, she set a very tough class but was very clear throughout, demonstrating the floor sections before you started and always giving you countdowns to the end.

What other classes do they do?


The general breakdown for the KOBOX clubs is that they train different areas on different days. As the name suggests, all the workouts will have boxing elements and this will vary depending on the target muscle groups.


They offer 5 class types across the week: lower body, upper body, conditioning, core and full body.

More details about the class types can be found on their website

As a rule, the different days of the week correspond to different body parts e.g. Thursday is core

How much does it cost?

There are a number of options available for purchasing classes at KOBOX, with bulk options available: the more you buy, the cheaper it works out per class.

As I had never been before, I took advantage of the 'First Timer' offer which allows you to purchase 2 classes and a set of KOBOX branded wraps for £25. The classes are then available to book for about 6 months after you purchase them.

Helpful extras

The changing rooms were basic with benches round the outside but all the essentials were provided: hairdryers, straighteners, moisturiser, deodorant. There were also showers and shower towels provided and free lockers.

Ladies, in the toilets there were tampons and pads provided (for free?!) which I think is absolutely amazing and more workout spots should be doing this.

Summary
Enjoyment: LOVED IT
Sweat rating: Very sweaty. They give you towels for a reason!
Recommend: 100%

CFG x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Gymbox

Top Tips: How To Stay Motivated

Top Tips: Keeping Fit in the City